Medical Assistant

1 comment
I posted this on Facebook: "First night without my private nurse/gardener/housekeepers/chai latte deliverer, Pat and Tim. Alayna has taken over nursing duties and helped me with my meds and drain. Hope to have pathology results next week."

I have received so many thoughtful and positive comments that I dearly appreciate. This poem in response really touched my heart:

Those firsts that you don’t want
Those firsts that will make you want
To get stronger
Wiser, kinder, more connected
More present
Than without those firsts
When in all of it
Its in the way
An obstacle
A Mount Everest
Greatful for all sherpas
Sharing the load
Sherpas knowing the wind
the path the goal
One step at a time
You’re getting there
Those firsts you don’t want
But they’re now a stronger you
A more present you
Together
Sherpas
Firsts
You
Love

-Jesper Enevold

5/20/19

1 comment :

  1. So glad you posted. Have been thinking of you and drafted a text at 4am that I was about to send. Sending you love.

    ReplyDelete