M-m-m-my Seroma

1 comment
I had my drains removed on Friday 5/24, 11 days after surgery. Over the holiday weekend I had a seroma that formed after the drain was removed that caused a lot of pain. It felt like I had a golf ball in place of the new cavern of my arm pit that was pushing the scar open from the inside.

My surgeon said it was normal to have excess fluid build up after the drain was removed. If it didn't go away on it's own, he would drain it on during the next surgery.

After seeing the gnarly scar in my arm pit, I requested to have my previous plastic surgeon do the closure for the completion mastectomy. My surgeon said they don't usually have a plastic surgeon for this procedure and asked how important it was to me if it meant delaying surgery. He said he is pretty good at closure which I screamed in my head "have you seen my arm pit?" I don't care what it looks like to other people, but I have to look at this for the rest of my life so I want it to be as good as it can be. I was adamant to get my previous plastic surgeon involved. Luckily, my plastic surgeon and surgeon where able to find a date before their summer vacations so June 4th my foob comes off. (not a typo foob = fake boob)

We got a membership to our neighborhood pool. Kids will be able to come here on their own all summer. Summer equals recovery, chemo and radiation for me; pool, pool and more pool for the kids.

5/28/19

1 comment :

  1. YES! Way to fight for yourself.
    Also, really glad your family is at the pool. Morgan has been loving the time with Alayna.

    ReplyDelete