This is cancer, completion mastectomy style

No comments
This is what cancer looks like. Coming home nauseous covered in ice packs for relief from major sweatfest/hot flashes after having a breast chopped off. Okay it was a foob, but they removed the implant, 3 cancerous tumors (THREE! not just the TWO I found), nipple, and A LOT of overlying skin.

My plastic surgeon was really concerned she wouldn't be able to sew me back up. I'll post more on that later, but I have a little flap of extra skin in my arm pit now that feels awkward AF. I was a little surprised they sent me home the same day. My first mastectomy was an overnight in the hospital, but this time they just kicked me to the curb with some painkillers, ice packs and puke bags.

I did come home to these great cards my kids made to lift my spirits up (it worked, I cried). 3 years of tamoxifen and besides being pregnant, this is the heaviest I've ever been. This is me, this is cancer. I'm hoping after the next several months of chemo and radiation, I can start to work on a whole new healthy, cancer free, me.


6/4/19

No comments :

Post a Comment